Frequently Asked Questions
YES! We are always accepting new patients.
We hope you never have to deal with a dental emergency, but we are here for you if you do need us. We do offer same day emergency service and we always try to keep wait times to a minimum – usually the earlier you call us in the day the easier it is to get in for an appointment.
Yes, we are a family practice and providing a comprehensive range of dental services for you and your family – from the youngest child to the senior.
We believe that is is important to get an early start on your child’s dental care, so that they will learn that visiting the dentist is a regular part of health care.
Regular dental examinations and cleanings are essential in preventing dental problems and maintaining the health of your teeth and gums.
Steps you can take to prevent tooth decay and gum disease at home include:
- Thorough brushing
- Brush at least twice daily using a soft-bristle toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste. (This will help prevent tooth decay and gum disease).
- Replace your toothbrush every two to three months.
- Proper flossing: Flossing daily is important to the health of your teeth, and gums.
Your teeth should be examinated and cleaned at least twice a year. During this appointment the dentist will check your teeth, gums, mouth, and throat.
The checkup includes:
- A head and neck examination: This includes an oral cancer screening checking the face, neck, tongue, tissues and gums.
- A clinical dental examination: This includes a examination of the teeth for decay and mobility, checks the current condition of existing fillings, the health of the gums and bone around the teeth, the contact of your teeth when you bite and any removable appliances.
- X rays: A review of the x-rays for tooth decay, cysts, and bone loss.
- A dental cleaning (prophylaxis): This includes the scaling (removal) of calculus, polishing teeth to remove stain and plaque, flossing, and a review of oral hygiene instructions.
Your dentist will discuss the details of the examination and provide you with treatment plan options, if necessary.
YES! We accept all types of insurance! Bring in your Insurance card and benefit booklet and one of our administative experts will help you decipher your benefits, maximums and coverage. Our office is able to process most insurance claims electronically. This allows us an immediate response as to what your coverage will be. For your convenience we do accept Cash, Debit, Visa and Mastercard.